Canada Post can be expensive most of the times. It costs about the same to ship something to your next door neighbor as it does to ship something to the other side of the country.
That's why Mech.land offers free, socially distanced local pickup in Toronto as an option for group buy orders and in-stock items. Keep in mind plans might change anytime due to the everchanging Covid-19 situation.
Masks and social distancing are a must. No masks = no pickup.
How it works for group buy orders
- When you place your group buy order, choose "Local Pickup" as your shipping method.
- The meetup(s) will happen within 7 - 14 days from the day the group buy item arrives at Mech.land
- There will be one guaranteed meetup, at Scarborough Town Center. Depending on the demand there may be another meetup scheduled at downtown Toronto.
- The meetup(s) will happen on a Saturday or Sunday. Sometime in the afternoon. There will be a half-hour long slot during which time you can come and pick up your order.
- You will be notified of of the date and time in advance. Email will be sent out to everyone who picked Local Pickup as a shipping option. If you can make it to the meet, you simply have to reply back to the email and confirm.
- If you cannot make it to the meet for some reason, you will have a week to come pick up your order from Victoria Park and Danforth. Simply send us an email to work out a time and date.
- If you fail to make it to the meet and fail to pick up from Victoria Park and Danforth within a week, you will be invoiced for shipping and your order will be shipped out to you after payment.
How it works for in-stock items
- When you place your order, choose "Local Pickup" as your shipping method.
- Mention a time and date that's convenient for you to come pick up your order from Victoria Park and Danforth in the order notes section
- You will have 7 days to come pick up your order, after which it will be cancelled and you will be refunded.
This page will be updated should anything change. Feel free to check back to it time to time. Send us a message via the contact us page if you have any questions.